Too Cool for Internet Explorer
Friday, April 9, 2010
HyperText Markup Language
In my third IS lesson, I understood how to use basic HTML coding to create a functional website. There is a distinct difference between the "txt" file (notepad) and the "html" file. I learnt about the HTML code structure or "skeleton", so to say. Before writing the content or the "skin" of the file, some common HTML tags need to be used. I also learnt to add images using the four attributes: width, height, border and alt (show tooltip); comments which are not displayed in the browser; and hyperlinks to webpages. The desired page may be an absolute URL (external page) or relative URL (internal page).

Our Assignment3 was the HTML Challenge. Provided with a notepad file, our class work together in pairs to create a website by adding appropriate HTML tags, comments and reflections. I learnt to work collaboratively as a team with my partner to complete the assignment.

Of the two tutorials in both websites provided in Handout 3, I prefer w3schools website. It provides a HTML editor where I can edit and view the results of more than 100 HTML examples in the tutorial. I also like the quiz tests and references in the website. On the other hand, w3 website provides a brief but clear description of HTML. Another alternative website is http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/.

6:21 AM By Wong Wei Cong